Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Diaper Fit Testing - Round 2

My son is one month old now!  I updated the posts and added action shots for all of the diapers that currently fit him.  He is a big boy...at 4 weeks old he weighed in at 11 pounds, 1 ounce (85th percentile).  So, please keep that in mind when I mention that he is already outgrowing some of the diapers...they are likely to fit much longer on a smaller baby.  Likewise, some of the diapers that are just starting to fit him well may not work for a smaller baby until they are a few months old.

Overall I have been loving the cloth diapers and almost all of them are fitting well at this size!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! This seems like a great blog. I sew diapers, too. http://shboogoo.blogspot.com/2011/07/why-i-switched-to-reusable-diapers-and.html

    Maybe you'd know the answer to my question. (I googled it, and that led me to you; I'll probably send an email to Rocket Bottoms, too.) Have you made COVERS? I just recently got the one-size Rocket Bottoms fitted diaper pattern and have only started cutting some fabric. Would the pattern be good to use with two layers of wool jersey for a cover? If it wouldn't work well, I'll just have to find where I put my Very Basic pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have been thinking about doing a post on covers - I have made a few. My favorite cover pattern is Rocket Bottoms In-A-Snap cover pattern. I also love the baa baa baby fleece cover pattern (which is free). I also like the bramblestitches pattern as a cover; although I think the wings need to be lengthened if used as a cover. Any of these patterns would work well with wool.

    Most people say that any diaper pattern can be used to make covers; however, I find that not to be true when using them over fitteds because you can end up with a cover that is either not wide enough, too short in the rise or has wings that aren't long enough...then it is hard to cover the fitted diaper properly. I haven't used RB's fitted diaper pattern, so I'm not sure how well that would work; but I find most of her patterns to be trim through the crotch, so that pattern may end up being too narrow if made into a cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog! I found diapers in the internet and would like you to know about them so that you can know about that honest diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving information on baby diapers, healthgenie.in provides
    baby diapers
    , pampers, wipes and many more.

    ReplyDelete